Saturday, July 19, 2014

OCEAN TROUT WITH GINGERED SNOW PEA TENDRILS & ROE
















Ocean trout is possibly my favourite eating fish. I write possibly because there'll be times when I might name yellow fin tuna or line-caught wild barramundi or coral trout as my favourite. And if I included crustaceans, I'd definitely include Western Australia scampi, Balmain bugs and blue swimmer crabs to my list.

When I can, I buy it with the skin on because the fat just under the skin adds extra flavour. So this piece was simply sautéed skin-side down in coconut oil. I tossed some snow pea tendrils with ginger, soy sauce and fish sauce and heated them just enough to take some of the unruly springiness out of the stems. Rice underneath and fresh unpasteurised roe on top. Embarrassingly simple and oh so healthy.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment